On the date of July 11, 2014, I purchased seafood from the store. As I consumed the shrimp, within 2 to 3 hours,I became deathly ill. After an all night bout with a painfully upset stomach, dehydration, diarrhea, swelling of the face and throat and eventual hospitalization @ George Washington University Hospital , I returned to the store on July 15, 2014 at 8:00pm where the food was purchased and attempted to speak with the manager on duty. The manager was not in the store and I eventually spoke with an employee named Tori Holmes the assistant manager. While speaking with the employer, our conversation soon became hostile due to very negative conversation from Ms. Holmes. This employer belittled me after she learned of my complaint and soon spat in my face, literally! After using strong profanity while talking to me and later spitting in my face I, in turn, called the Metropolitan Police Department and filed a formal complaint against the Giant employee. The Corporate office was also contacted along with the general manager, Mr. Tim Baker.

My reason for contacting this department and filing this formal emergency complaint is the store tried to offer me a gift card and free groceries with no genuine concern for my welfare, health or well being. The Vice President of Giant Corporation asked that this incident would not be reported to the local media or newspaper and offered me ten thousand dollars appearing to want this incident to "go away". He further attempted to persuade me to relent to his offer by telling me how many stores they have and how long they've been in business I declined this offer and retained a lawyer to pursue further legal actions. The attorney retained has since decided that "he doesn't want to battle against Giant Corporation" and opted out of representing me on this case. Giant's C.E.O. has been informed about the assault made by their employee as this is also being looked into as a criminal action committed by their employee. The District of Columbia Office of Attorney General's Consumer Protection attempted to contact Ms. Holmes and was told that she was terminated when in actuality she was transferred to the Columbia Heights Giant store. The complaint for the assault was filed with the Metropolitan Police Department's First District and a copy of the police report will be included with this letter. My reason for this letter is to humbly solicit your help. My civil rights were violated according to statutes 28 USC 542.13,C, and I was assaulted by the employee of Giant Tori Holmes, when she spat in my face.

Can someone from your office please contact me in an attempt to address these matters as they appear to be mounting..

Afran J. Parker

1231 Owens Pl. NE

Washington DC 20002

202-580-1596

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: to be compensated for hospital bills, pain, suffering from food sold by store and subsequent assault from an employee.

Had an Experience with Giant Food Stores?

Comments

I have been trying to get a message to be answered by Tim Baker, district manager of giant food since August 29!!!!!!!!I have called 4 times over the last month and I got nothing!

! Other employees taking the messages were rude.

This is discussing customer service.I am now looking into his boss, I will try this today

wow you are an ID10T. I believe that you got food poisioning but I do not believe anything else after that.

You were offered $10,000 for your tummy ache and you refused??? I find that hard to believe

Another *** man!!!